CareSimple’s Remote Patient Monitoring Offering Now Available Via the Epic App Orchard
NORTH PALM BEACH., FL – January 20, 2022 — CareSimple, the platform simplifying remote patient monitoring (RPM) for virtually all patients, announced today its RPM offering is now available as a SMART on FHIR app on the Epic App Orchard marketplace.
CareSimple was founded with the goal of making RPM easy enough for any patient regardless of age, condition, socioeconomic status or level of technical literacy. This is accomplished by removing many of the traditional challenges, such as Bluetooth pairing, commonly found with remote care models and provisioning technology to senior patients. As a comprehensive virtual care offering, the CareSimple solution extends monitoring beyond traditional home health applications to highly effective population health management programs.
By taking the complexity out of RPM, CareSimple helps Epic customers to pave the way towards new revenues, fewer ER visits, higher patient satisfaction and better outcomes. The company’s solution includes software, medical devices, connectivity, logistics and professional services, providing a unique combination of simplicity, quality and service. Its seamless patient-to-cloud-to-EHR data transmission, smart alerts, patient engagement, and automatic documentation capabilities give providers a holistic view of their patients and empower care managers to focus on patient care.
The company’s integration with Epic leverages the FHIR and SMART on FHIR technologies to enable providers to:
- Order RPM: Allows them to order directly from Epic, or by submitting a list of candidates.
- Onboard Their Patients: CareSimple ships a pre-configured device directly to patients that works right out of the box. No app, pairing, WiFi, or setup required. The company can also handle welcoming patients and walking them through their first reading.
- Monitor New Data and Alerts: The CareSimple platform is loaded with tools to help identify which patients need a provider’s attention and when. They can provide alerts management and escalation services if additional support is needed.
- Benefit from Synchronization: Vitals are synchronized in near real-time with Epic, as well as patient demographic information, reporting and clinical activity on CareSimple.
- Get Reimbursed: A provider’s biller gets a monthly report with RPM reimbursement metrics for CPT codes 99091, 99453, 99454, 99457 and 99458, as well as chronic care management (CCM) reimbursement metrics for CPT codes 99490 and 99491.
“As a healthcare technology organization looking to scale our impact in the marketplace, we are thrilled that our CareSimple remote patient monitoring app (RPM) is now available via the Epic App Orchard,” said Michel Nadeau, CEO of CareSimple. “Integrating with Epic allows us an opportunity to reach even more providers and ultimately support more patients, providing them with a simple, secure RPM offering that helps them independently maintain better control over their chronic health conditions.”
CareSimple already integrates with more than 80 EHRs today. To learn more about the company’s app, please visit the App Orchard marketplace: https://apporchard.epic.com/Gallery?id=11966
Epic and App Orchard are trademarks of Epic Systems Corporation.
CareSimple® is a registered trademark of CareSimple Inc.
CareSimple® is a simple, secure, and scalable way to offer virtual care to at-risk patient populations. The company’s flagship remote patient monitoring (RPM) platform integrates into any electronic health record (EHR), providing health systems and physician groups with the software, medical devices, connectivity, logistics, and professional services required to offer RPM for chronic conditions management, post-discharge and hospital at home. CareSimple’s seamless patient-to-cloud-to-EHR data transmission, smart alerts, effective engagement, and automatic documentation capabilities enable nurses and care managers to focus on patient care, and gives providers a holistic view of their patients’ health to help prevent costly events and improve care. The organization is HIPAA-compliant and operates under the rigor of ISO 13485 (quality) and ISO 27001 (security) audited certifications. CareSimple is available through Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs) like Premier and EHR marketplaces like the Epic App Orchard. For more information about CareSimple, go to https://caresimple.com/.
Jessy Green or Sarah Larrow